- Has the maximum content among all OTT players in India
- Launched in 2015, owned by Eros International
- Over 80 million registered users
- Massive collection of over 10 thousand movies, 100000 music albums, and 100 TV shows
- Subscription in 49 per month (non HD) and INR 99 per month for HD quality
- Owned by ZEEL – Zee Entertainment Enterprise Limited, launched in 2018
- It offers content in 12 different languages including Hindi, Bengali, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi, Odiya, Bhojpuri, Gujarati, Punjabi.
- Over 100 thousand hours of on-demand content
- Premium subscription at INR 99 per month and INR 999 per year.
- Owned by Reliance Entertainment
- Originally launched in 2012, revamped in 2017
- Offer streaming on five devices simultaneously
- Content in 9 languages – Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Punjabi, Bhojpuri, Bengali
- 3.9 million user base
- Subscription in INR 50 per month
- Launched in India by Vuclip which is a Hong Kong-based media company
- Currently has 5MN+ downloads
- 40 original shows along with 17 thousand hours of content
- Movies in 10 different languages – Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, etc.
- Partnered with Reliance Big, Sony Music, Zee Digital, Tips, Balaji Motion Pictures
- Offer various 100 crore club movies
- Subscription in INR 99 per month
- Well known as the Hotstar for South India was founded in the year 2017
- Currently has 10MN+ downloads
- Library of Kannada, Tamil, Malayalam and Telugu movies
- Also, offer Live TV feature
- Subscription at INR 50 per month
- Star Network product now owned by Disney.
- Launched in India in Feb 2015, over 450 million active monthly users.
- Provides access to movies, original web series in 8 different languages
- Live sports streaming for various events from Cricket, Football, Badminton, Kabaddi, Basketball.
- Two subscription plans in India
- VIP plan – INR 365/yr provides limited access to ad-free content
- Premium plan – INR 999/yr provides unlimited access to ad-free content
- Major attractions include Game of Thrones, Criminal Justice, Special Ops, Hostages.
- With its presence in 190 countries, it’s the global leader amongst OTT platforms.
- US-based video streaming company, launched in India in 2016
- Provides ad-free viewing to wide range of movies, TV shows, Web series.
- Content in various languages including Hindi, English and also Indian regional languages like Tamil, Punjabi, Gujarati and Marathi.
- Exclusive access for mobile users via Smartphone only plan at INR 199 per month.
- Two subscriptions:
- 799 per month for 4 devices
- 649 per month for 2 devices
- Major attractions include Sacred Games, Friends, Big Bang Theory.
- Launched in India in July 2016. Emerged as a fierce competitor for Netflix.
- Presence in over 16 countries, offers movies, Web series in English, Hindi as well as regional languages.
- In Jan 2020, Jeff Bezos visited India and committed an investment of $300 million for original Indian content.
- Two Subscription plans:
- Major attractions include Mirzapur, Four More shots, Family Man, Inside Edge
- Owned by Ekta Kapoor’s Balaji Telefilms, backed by Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance Industries.
- Over 32 original shows in Hindi, Bengali, Tamil, and Gujarati.
- It’s the cheapest OTT platform in India with subscription fees of INR 300 per year and 100 for 3 months.
- Owned by Viacom.18, launched in India in 2016
- A pool of over 45 thousand hours of content including daily shows from Colors, MTV, Nickelodeon, Viacom.18 Motion Pictures and MTV Indies.
- Over 32 million active monthly users
- Premium subscription at INR 99 per month and INR 499 per year
- Major attractions include shows like Big Boss and Roadies
- Developed by Multiscreen Media, launched in 2013.
- It offer shows from SONY, SAB, and MAX
- Over 100 million downloads in Play Store
- LIVE Streaming of sports events, over 70 original shows
- Subscription in INR 99 per month, 299 for 6 months and INR 499 per year
- All Airtel post-paid users have free access to other OTT platforms for a limited period
- Users get a one-year free subscription for Amazon Prime and 3 months for Netflix
- Services available for users with post-paid Infinity plans of INR 499 and above
- Free for all Vodafone mobile customers
- Provides access to platforms like Hooq, Eros Now, Hungama Play and ALT Balaji
- Free for all Tata sky customers
- Along with satellite services, Tata sky has also launched online viewing
- Offers on-demand content and Live TV as well
Jio TV/Jio Cinema:
- Free for all Jio users, large user base
- Provides its users access to content on Eros Now
- Tie-up with Disney which allows its users to view Disney shows and movies
- Has the highest user base of over 500 million active users.
- Was earlier a video player app, later Times Internet group backed it and launched it as OTT
- Allows its users to access premium content across various platforms
- In Feb 2019, it also came up with its own original content including five web series
- YuppTV (India) offers close to 240+ Live TV channels, 2000+ movies and 180+ TV shows in 13+ languages1. YuppTV works on a Freemium model where the YPass subscription unlocks the entire catalog of YuppTV and makes it ad-free and accessible on multiple devices.
- It has the user base of 15 MN+
- YuppTV has live channels by language where Telugu oriented channels are maximum followed by Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada, Gujrati channels.
- HungamaPlay launched in July 2015 has 5 MN+ downloads.
- Hungama Play offers access to 7500+ movies in 11 languages and 1500+ hours of TV in English and Hindi
- Marathi happens to be one of the most consumed languages on its video streaming platform
- Addatimes was founded in the year 2016
- It has 1 MN+ plus downloads
- Major traffic is from West Bengal as the content is in Bengali. Currently, they have only SVOD model and might open AVOD soon.
- The major genre this OTT covers is Biography followed by comedy, crime, etc.
- The word hoichoi means fun and entertainment in Bengali. The platform is owned by Bengali Studio (SVF, Shree Venkatesh Films)
- It provides access to a wide range of Bengali movies and has currently 1 MN+ user base.
- Collection of evergreen hits of Satyajit Ray and Rituparno Ghosh
- Only premium subscription at INR 399 per year
- Shemaroo offers original shows under its ‘Bollywood section’.
- The OTT platforms offer 20 original programs, 80% in Hindi, followed by Marathi and Gujarati.
- The company was earlier trying to monetize their youtube channel where lately they also launched their OTT platform in early 2019.
- Currently, the app has 1MN+ downloads.
- Shemaroo Entertainment partnered with leading telecom player Vodafone Idea to provide ShemarooMe’s content to Vodafone and Idea users.
- TVF offers a host of other short-form snackable content for a quick laugh.
- The platform was founded in the year 2012
- Currently has 5MN+ downloads in Google play store
- The content available is in Hindi or Hinglish language.
- Series partnership is something that they are expert in. Brands like Hero have done great work with them.
- ULLU was launched in the year 2018
- It caters to a ‘massy’ audience majorly with erotic and suggestive content within many of the series where brands like Manforce, Durex can leverage the platform for their promotions.
- Currently has 1MN+ downloads in google play store
- Ullu resonated largely with males, who were upward of 80% share of the unique visitors. This comes as no surprise considering the adult content on Ullu is largely male-centric. The 15-24 age demographic formed the largest audience share.
- Aha launched in the year 2018 by Arha Media and broadcasting Ltd. is an exclusive OTT player for Telugu films and web series.
- Currently has 1MN+ downloads
- Great platform to capture the Telugu audience for brands.
- The platform comes at a reasonable subscription rate of INR 149 for 3 months and INR 365 for 12 months.
- The platform founded in the year 2019
- Currently, the downloads are 0.5MN+ which is still in their growing phase.
- Manorama Max comprises both news and non-news contents, which currently contributed by Mazhavil Manorama and Manorama News, the TV channels run by MMTV.
- The subscription cost of the platform is INR 499/year but also supports AVOD
- The language supported is Malayalam.